Network Engineers solve high-level network issues that are escalated from all Managed Services Teams. Experience with Cisco, Juniper, Dell, HP, Meraki, SonicWall, Silver Peak, and Palo Alto network devices, among others. Experience with Nimble, EqualLogic, VMWare, Hyper-V and other virtualization and storage solutions. Must be able to provide exceptional customer service and support clients and internal staff when assistance is requested. This position may involve client meetings, review of proposed solutions and a variety of other support functions for the Managed Service Division.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a list of tasks/duties, to be performed by the position of “Network
Engineer”. This is not a complete list of tasks/duties, as there will be additional
responsibilities assigned as needed.
• Configure, implement, and maintain Network and Server infrastructure.
• Support DSA internal infrastructure in the Roseville and Elk Grove offices, as well as in
the CCI Datacenter.
• Work with project managers and clients throughout the life cycle of projects, provide
feedback throughout, communicate and address issues that arise.
• Provide mentorship through resolution as time permits.
• Field telephone calls, email communication, attend meetings.
• Handle ticket escalations in a timely manner as they arise, communicating with team
members throughout the process.
• Develop clear and professional documentation on how to troubleshoot specialty issues,
including identification, documentation, distribution, and resolution.
• Maintain updated documentation of configurations, including Visio diagrams, interface
descriptions, and configuration backups.
• Assess client networks and suggest enhancements to vCIO’s or DSA Sales staff that are
in the client’s best interests and are in accordance with DSA Standard Products for
Managed Services Clients.
• Review solutions pre-sales as needed for proper scope of work and equipment.
• Rely on extensive knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
• 7-10 + years of IT Systems and Network Engineering experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related area or experience equivalent
• Expert with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
• Expert knowledge of VMware / Hyper-V virtualization solutions
• Extensive firewall, routing and switching knowledge and experience
• Experience with Cisco, Juniper, Dell, Palo Alto, Meraki preferred
• Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills a must
• Excellent project management skills
• Excellent mentorship skills, patience, and guidance to DSA Staff
• Multiple certifications in at least two or more DSA’s software core offerings (e.g. VCP, Storage, Networking, Routing)
• 5 years of project experience
• Professional, pleasant and patient in demeanor
• Must have the ability to listen intently to staff and clients as needed
• Help reinforce image and professionalism of the DSA Managed Services team and
organization through polished professional communications and interactions
• Exceptional customer service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and ability to work with minimal supervision
• Must have demonstrated maturity in judgment and ability to provide clear and concise guidance to others
• Must be flexible, prioritize workload, able to manage multiple tasks, and have strong attention to detail
• Ability to communicate successfully with business clients, explaining technical issues in clear, understandable terms.
• Ability to use PSA software to document work performed on tickets in an expedient manner
• Ability to assist Tier 1, 2 and 3 support on escalated technical issues as needed
• Exceptionally self-reliant and self-directed.
• Expert in multiple specialties (Server, Storage, VDI, AD, DNS, Exchange, Lync)
• Expert with RMM products (Ability to manage, setup clients, troubleshoot issues, deploy, automate, and develop)
• Connectwise, Automate and Auvik experience a plus
• Extremely proficient with network troubleshooting and topologies
• Extensive experience with multiple hardware for networks (WAN Accelerators, WiFi, Storage, Servers, and Networking)
Typical Working Environment:
Work in a temperature-controlled office environment
Low to moderate noise levels consistent within an office environment; staff, phones, collaborative dialogue
Interact with managers, co-workers, and clients
No staff supervision responsibilities
Constantly talk, hear, sit, utilize keyboard/ten key, fine dexterity with hands and repetitive hand motion.
Occasionally lift and carry up to 20 lbs., push/pull up to 20lbs, reach outward, walk normal surfaces, grasp and hold.
Occasionally reach overhead, kneel, climb and stand.
Rarely lift and carry between to 21-50lbs., push/pull between 21-50lbs., squat, crawl, walk-slippery surfaces, walk-uneven surfaces and bend.
Hours of Work:
This position will work various hours to meet the needs of clients and business operations. May include days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Management reserves the right to reassign and alter the job description as dictated by business necessity and evaluated reasonable accommodations.