Managed Services Proactive Engineers install, configure and support our client’s local area networks, wide area networks, internet access, switches, storage, messaging, and virtual infrastructure. Monitor the network to ensure availability to all system users, performing regular maintenance and support. Provide exceptional customer service and support to clients and internal staff.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a list of tasks/duties, to be performed by the position of a Managed Services Proactive Engineer. This is not a complete list of tasks/duties, as there will be additional responsibilities assigned as needed.
- Implement “Best Practices” Standards for configuration impacting all areas
- Lower reactive noise for each client
- Implement the “DSA Company Way” performing technical analysis and compare against DSA Standards
- Verify Centralized Services
- Perform Regular Alignment both on-site and virtual remote
- Develop and maintain Technical knowledge of the Client environment, Hardware/Software/Cloud Inventory, Configuration, LOB Applications, vendor relationships and documentation management
- Onsite Meetings discussing client’s issues/concerns, presenting DSA issues/concerns, complete proactive tasks, best practices and checklists, complete reactive tasks
- Create strong relationship with the client and obtain intimate knowledge of the client’s environment
- Schedule Proactive time in advance for monthly and annual meetings
- Schedule and perform regular meetings with vCIOs to discuss client’s business needs
- Provide escalation assistance from other team members
- Assist end users and support personnel in resolving hardware and software issues.
- Field telephone calls, email communication, and tickets
- Develop policies and procedures governing how to troubleshoot specialty issues, including identification, documentation, distribution and resolution
- Assess new products or services and suggest enhancements to senior management.
- Trains, coaches and mentors service desk personnel
- Provide daily guidance and mentoring to junior staff to ensure organization and team skills
- Able to formulate and follow projects for clients
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of IT Systems and Network Engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related area or equivalent
- Experience with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Thorough knowledge of VMware / Hyper-V virtualization solutions
- Business firewall and router knowledge and experience
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper, Dell, Palo Alto, Sonic Wall, Sliverpeak preferred
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills a must
- Excellent project management skills
- Multiple certifications in at least two or more DSA’s core offerings (e.g. VCP, Storage, Networking, Routing)
- 5 years project experience
- Professional, pleasant and patient in demeanor
- Reinforce image and professionalism of the DSA Managed Services team and organization through polished professional communications and interactions
- Exceptional customer service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Rely on extensive knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals
- Must have demonstrated maturity in judgment and ability to provide guidance to others
- Must be flexible, able to prioritize workload, able to manage multiple tasks, and have strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate successfully with business clients, explaining technical issues in clear, understandable terms
- Ability to develop, engineer, and manage projects to full completion
- Ability to assist Tier 1, 2 and 3 support on escalated technical issues as needed
- Exceptionally self-reliant and self-directed
- Expert in designated specialty (Server, Storage, VDI, AD, DNS, Exchange, Lync)
- Expert with DSA MSP Automate/Auvik (Ability to manage, setup clients, troubleshoot issues, deploy, automate, and develop)
- Extremely proficient with network troubleshooting and topologies
- Strong experience with multiple hardware for networks (WAN Accelerators, Wi-Fi, Storage, Servers, and Networking)
Typical Working Environment:
- Work in a temperature-controlled office environment
- Low to moderate noise levels consistent within an office environment; staff, phones, collaborative dialogue
- Multi-function printer/scanner
- Hand tools
- Desk phone
- Interact with managers, co-workers and clients
- No staff supervision responsibilities
- Constantly talk, hear, sit, utilize keyboard/ten key, fine dexterity with hands and repetitive hand motion.
- Frequently lift and carry up to 20 lbs., push/pull up to 20lbs, reach outward, walk-normal surfaces, grasp and hold.
- Occasionally reach overhead, kneel, climb and stand.
- Rarely lift and carry between to 21-50lbs., push/pull between 21-50lbs., squat, crawl, walk-slippery surfaces, walk-uneven surfaces and bend.
Hours of Work:
This position will work various hours to meet the needs of clients and business operations. May include days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Management reserves the right to reassign and alter the job description as dictated by business necessity and evaluated reasonable accommodations.