Provide quality on-site support to clients. When not on mobile assignments, take service desk tickets and resolve. Develop policies and procedures governing how to troubleshoot IT issues at client sites, including identification, documentation, distribution and resolution. May assess new products or services and suggest enhancements to senior management. Relies on extensive knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals. Significant ingenuity and flexibility is expected.
- Travel to various client locations to perform onsite work on computer and network hardware and/or software.
- Troubleshoot and solve support tickets while on-site at client location.
- Communicate with client contact to make necessary decisions and ensure satisfaction.
- Install/replace/repair hardware and software as necessary.
- Back up all client data in effort to ensure no data is lost and have the ability to get back to where the client started, never create a worse than when arrived situation.
- Make suggestions to client PSE/vCIO regarding upgrades or changes which could enhance the clients’ network/system and/or further allow for an enhanced overall client experience.
- Develop policies and procedures governing how to troubleshoot specialty issues, including identification, documentation, distribution and resolution.
- Assess new products or services and suggest enhancements to management.
- Formulate and follow projects for clients.
- Rely on extensive knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals.
- Manage others as needed for completion of issues.
- Assist service desk as needed to effectively resolve tickets.
- Field telephone calls, email communication and support tickets regarding computer hardware and software.
- Reinforce image and professionalism of the DSA Managed Services team and the organization.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external contacts at all levels
- Promptly enter time into timesheets, tickets, expense reports and all other required documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned or otherwise identified.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- 5-7 years’ experience and bachelor’s degree in related area, preferred
- Superior knowledge of office equipment (copiers, fax, printers, etc.) and general office operations
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills a must
- Excellent project management skills
- Multiple certifications in one or more of DSA’s software core offerings (e.g. MCITP, MCSM, VCP, VTSP, Networking, Routing)
- 3 years’ project experience or equivalent client site management
- Expert in designated specialty (Server, Storage, VDI, AD, DNS, Exchange, Lync)
- Highly proficient with DSA MSP Automate (Ability to manage, setup clients, troubleshoot issues, and deploy)
- Highly proficient with network troubleshooting and topologies
- Professional, pleasant and patient in demeanor
- Valid Driver’s License
- Exceptional customer service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must have demonstrated maturity in judgment and ability to provide guidance to others
- Must be flexible, prioritize workload, able to manage multiple tasks, and have strong attention to detail
- Ability to develop, engineer, and manage projects to full completion
- Ability to be exceptionally self-reliant and self-directed
- Ability to shift focus and priorities throughout the day
- Regular attendance and timeliness
- Ability to effectively handle stress and pressure consistent with the job duties and industry
Typical Working Environment:
- Work in a temperature controlled office environment
- Work in a cooled server room
- Low to Moderate noise levels consistent within an office environment; staff, phones, collaborative dialogue
- Multi-function printer/scanner
- Hand Tools
- Desk Phone/cell phone
- Battery Powered Tools
- Hand Truck
- Interact with Managers, co-workers and clients.
- No staff supervision responsibilities.
- Constantly talk, hear, sit, use keyboard/ten key, fine dexterity with hands and repetitive hand motion.
- Frequently lift and carry up to 20 lbs., push/pull up to 20lbs, reach outward, walk-normal surfaces, grasp and hold.
- Occasionally lift and carry between to 21-50lbs., push/pull between 21-50lbs, reach overhead, kneel, climb and stand.
- Rarely lift and carry 51+ lbs., push/pull 51+ lbs., squat, crawl, walk-slippery surfaces, walk-uneven surfaces and bend.
Hours of Work:
This position will work various hours to meet the needs of clients and business operations. May include days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Management reserves the right to reassign and alter the job description as dictated by business necessity and evaluated reasonable accommodations.